Product news: Plantronics Voyager 5200
Copenhagen, 12/05-2016 – Plantronics have recently launched their new Voyager 5200. A new product for extremely mobile professionals says Plantronics, with an increased focus on use in noisy environments. Read more about it on Headsetaudio.com
At first, there seems not to be much difference between the older Voyager Legend and the new Voyager 5200 from Plantronics except some design features. But if we dig a little deeper into the specifications we can see that Plantronics has upgraded the Voyager 5200 with some cool features and technology.
Noisy environments and mobile professionals
The Plantronics Voyager Legend has been the prefered choice for many mobile professionals with the need of sounding professional in every environment they are in. With the new Voyager 5200, Plantronics steps up this segment even further.
“Today’s mobile professionals face the unique challenge of staying connected while still communicating clearly and confidently from extremely challenging call environments, including crowds, traffic, coffee shops, and one of the most notorious of difficult call scenarios, a windy day,” said Jan Caldarella, senior category director of consumer solutions with Plantronics. “Offering an all-new approach to eliminating wind and background noise, Voyager 5200 lets you confidently focus on what you’re saying rather than where you are, while delivering the comfort, intelligence, multi-device connectivity, and ease of use that are the hallmarks of our Voyager line of professional communication headsets.”
The Voyager 5200 now has four adaptive microphones, combined with the six layer Windsmart technology – compared to the Voyager Legend which only had 3 microphones, and 3 layers. This seems like a huge improvement, and we are looking forward to putting it into the test.
Plantronics exclusive WindSmart technology provides industry-leading wind and noise reduction by incorporating six layers of technology to combat the entire noise ecosystem. The aerodynamic boom on the Voyager 5200 lets wind slide past without creating turbulence. The boom’s windscreen acts as the first layer of protection for the mics, and then each mic is further sheltered in a ‘wind box’. Four omni-directional mics and a proprietary wind-cancelling algorithm keeps the mics focused on the wearer’s voice and removes disruptive noise.
Features and benefits
- Easy-access, multi-function buttonlets you mute a call with a single touch, and allows for quick access to Siri and other smartphone Virtual Personal Assistants when the headset is idle.
- Extended Class 1 Bluetooth rangelets you control up to two connected smartphones or tablets from up to 98ft/ 30m away.
- Responsive smart sensor technologyintuitively routes call audio to your phone or headset, pauses media or rejects an incoming call when removed, and automatically answers calls as you place the headset on your ear.
- Spill, splash, and sweat-proofexclusive P2i nano-coating means that your conversation can continue through a light rain, and an untimely spill won’t mean the end of your calls for the day.
- Voice commands and audio alertslet you use your voice to answer or ignore calls, and whispered alerts give you the name of incoming callers, update you on battery level, connection status, and more. Activate voice control for smartphone assistants such as Siri with a touch of a button, so you can tap into the power of your phone while working hands-free.
- Take charge of your headsetwith the Plantronics Hub smartphone app for iOS and Android. Manage, customize and control the Voyager 5200 headset from your phone, adjust settings such as Caller ID and Mute Alert, activate Find MyHeadset to locate a misplaced headset, and manage sensor options, voice alert language and more. Business customers can also use Plantronics Manager Pro with Voyager 5200 UC to manage settings and perform remote trouble-shooting when connected through the BT600 USB connector.
The battery time is still at 7 hours as the Voyager legend, and with the charging case that means you can provide the headset a full charge and have it running for 14 hours.
Plantronics also introduced a dynamic mute sensor that reminds you if the microphone is muted and forgets to deactivate it.
Pricing and Availability
Voyager 5200 will be available at authorized Plantronics retailers, etailers, and carriers in the US immediately, and worldwide starting in July2016. MSRP for Voyager 5200 is $119.99 USD and the accompanying Charging Case is available for $39.99 USD.
Voyager 5200 UC with Charging Case and BT600 Bluetooth Adapter will be available in the US in May, with an MSRP of $219.99 USD.
For more information, please visit www.plantronics.com.